Saint Kuriakose Elias Chavara and his co-workers started the first indigenous religious Congregation in India, now known as CMI, in Mannanam, Kottayam, Kerala in 1831. This infant religious group started schools in Mannanam and elsewhere from 1846. In the Course of time, this selfless service group started schools wherever they established Churches or religious houses, as a mark of their contribution to the national development. They understood that education is the best form of social service to eradicate poverty and ignorance from the people. They also got engaged in social welfare activities, especially for the development of the weaker sections and the neglected. In 1990 Rev. Fr Joseph Kadavil CMI came to Enathu shifting the School for the Deaf and Blind from Lourdes Ashram Ayroor and continued it here in CMI Shanti Bhavan. Now the Deaf School is an aided English medium school and it conducts its Higher Secondary section in the unaided sector. For a few years we also conducted the Teachers’ Training Institute as well. At the request of the local public, we started the Mount Carmel CMI Central School as an unaided CBSE school in 2011. In 2014 we started the 48th CMI College as Mater Dei CMI College Enathu with 9 students in B.Com. Commerce with Computer Application in the Self-financing scheme under the Kerala University as a Regular Arts and Science College. In 2015 the college runs with B.Com. and B.B.A. courses. The Kerala University has approved its NSS unit in the college and we have started Entrepreneurship Development Club too.